Waddup? :D I am so sorry for being away for such a long time! I'm currently in the last month of my internship and things have been very crazy for me here...lol
Today (I know its a bit late), I just realized how lucky I am to live in France. Let me tell you whats so great about this country:
1. The food is awesome,
2. For some reason life seems pretty stressfree here,
3. It feels great to speak French
4. The shoes that they have here are GORGEOUS!! (I'm definitely bringing some with me back in T.O)
5. AND most importantly in France, when you are under 25, it feels like the WHOLE country belongs to you!
Indeed, you only have to buy a card called the "carte 12-25" (people aged 12 to 25) and you get 50% (or more) discounts on all train tickets!!!! Thanks to this card, I have visited 5 cities in France and I was able to go to Spain for less than $200.
Last weekend I went to San Sebastian in Spain. I took a train from Bordeaux to Hendaye for less than $20 and from Hendaye, I took a "subway" to go to San Sebastian for $1.10 only! OMG I wish it were that easy and CHEAP to travel within Canada! lol
Here are some pics of San Sebastian, Spain:
I DON'T WANNA GO BACK HOME!!
I don't want to stay home! I want to come and stay with you. I am willing to pay full price because of my advanced age. Spain is brilliant. France is brilliant. I need new shoes.
ReplyDeleteOh wow Karene! What a different world we are in! You will be arriving back to Canada tanned and gorgeous and I will be pale and haggard! Nah, just kidding, but I am definitely eager for some warm weather! 11 degrees and sunny just isn't cutting it.
ReplyDeleteAlso, how amazing are those train systems in Europe? Canada is 30 years behind! TGVs have existed over there for that long and for over 50 years in Japan. We need to modernise and quick!