After spending almost 3 months in France, I can wholeheartedly say that many things have changed since the beginning of my internship.
Personally
For instance, I HAVE CHANGED! Living in another country and experiencing another culture has been the best thing that have ever happened to me...It made me stronger and more independent. It would be unfair to say that everything has been rosy for me here in France. I had my ups and downs but they helped me build character!
At work
The atmosphere at work is different than it was back in May. Its more casual…I became very close to my colleagues. A day at work feels like a spending a day with friends. Despite the loads of work that we have here, we still find time to chat and have coffee together. More importantly, I feel like I am part of the staff now!!!
It’s heartbreaking just thinking about my departure next Wednesday. My internship at IFPEB was just awesome and unforgettable! I learned so many, many things about green building (note: I’m an economics and pols sci major)! In addition, this internship broadened my horizons and even made me consider a career in green building…
and finally…
Here are some pictures of my (last?) trip. I went to St-Émilion, a medieval city whose history goes back to prehistoric times and is a World Heritage site, with fascinating Romanesque churches and ruins stretching all along steep and narrow streets. Oh gosh I’m going to miss my weekend trips so bad!
Have a great week!
Cheers
Karene
PS: The tour de France is coming to Bordeaux this Friday!! yayyyyyyyyy I'll keep you posted!
How is it possible that three months has flown by so quickly?
ReplyDeletewow, karene. i got sad reading your post too!! sounds like a worthy adventure though.
ReplyDeleteKarene, it really sounds like you've made the most out of your experience! I guess you're all done as well now, feels strange to be out of that world eh? Can't wait to see you in person and hear all about it! We should have slideshows!
ReplyDelete